Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rocky Mountain vs. Bum Genius

Several people have asked what I like and dislike about the diapers I carry at my store. So, here goes:

BG Likes:

they have worked out a lot of the "kinks" (ie. wick resistant modification which lessens leaking onto clothes)
they come with an infant insert and a regular insert
they are cute
they have the "one-size" so that baby can grow
they fit babies from 8-35lbs
you can bleach them
inserts can be snapped into different sizes to correlate with the diaper size
look like traditional disposable diapers

BG Dislikes:
velcro sticks to everything
velcro makes the latch side "pilly" and over time doesn't hook and latch as nicely
they take 2-4 weeks to ship out my orders (since I'm a "little guy")
the legs don't work for thinner- legged babies- not tight enough

RM Likes:
work at home mom makes them
made in the USA
easy to order- ships quickly
for a snapping system, they are less expensive ($20w/insert vs. $24.95-BG comparable)
snaps don't attach themselves to anything
they snug tightly around baby's legs to prevent leaking
they fit any shape and size baby- 5lbs to 30lbs
cute color combinations
look like traditional disposable diapers

RM Dislikes:
if baby produces lots of urine, sometimes it will wick onto clothes (but Tracie- the maker- says that you can just place insert in and leave about an inch of room to prevent this)
can't use regular bleach on them- but you can use a color-safe bleach.
they sell out quickly, so sometimes it is hard to place the order
the insert comes in one size- but you can buy your own and buy the diaper only (for $17.95)

2 comments:

  1. My BG are almost a year old now and they are REALLY showing thier age. There is no way I'll be able to use them for subsequent children, I think I might have been better off buying sized diapers. I've never tried Rocky Mountain diapers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which type did you get? Mine for my older daughter is the 2.0 and they are definitely not going to able to be used again. But mine for my 6month old are well, 6 months old and they look brand new- they are the 3.0s. I think they have done some stuff differently... The Rocky Mountains are brand new...

    ReplyDelete